Field Notes by Imant Raminsh - six pieces for combinations of piano, flute, violin, cello and mezzo-soprano
Field Notes is a set of musical reflections upon the natural history and beauty of the Okanagan Valley of British Columbia, Canada. Commissioned by the Kelowna Community Music School in celebration of Canada Music Week 2010, the six pieces, for combinations of piano, flute, violin, cello and voice, were conceived with junior and intermediate level performers in mind.
1. Morning (piano solo)
2. Meadowlark (flute and piano)
3. Juniper and Pine (cello and piano)
4. Balsamroot and Sage (piano solo)
5. Nighthawk (violin and piano)
6. Field Notes (mezzo-soprano and piano)