FLUTE 101: MASTERING THE BASICS is a uniquely comprehensive teaching resource which, in one book, takes the student through the introductory, beginning, and intermediate curriculum. The innovative lesson plans present, in a clear and logical sequence, songs, duets, and creative activities to develop tone, technique, and musicianship. The pioneering set of teaching and phrasing guides make this a must-have staple of the flute teaching studio. Spiral bound. 80 pages
Flute 101: Mastering the Basics is a beginning flute method that provides a comprehensive scope and sequence of skills, as well as ample practice of new concepts. One of the cornerstones of this method is the extensive use of duets to practice and review concepts. The curriculum of this book is based primarily on three areas of concentration:
1)Learning to play the flute: air, articulation, technique, sound
2)Learning to read and understand music notation
3)Learning to play musically
Further important features of Flute 101: Mastering the Basics are: …An innovative approach to teaching beginners …A logical sequence of skills and cohesive program for student and teacher …A balanced approach that addresses aural, digital, and intellectual skills …A variety of activities that address different learning styles …Warm-ups, skill practice, and enrichment, based on learning theory research …Many well-known public domain melodies in different styles …An extensive use of duets to practice concepts and promote aural skills …Supplemental Christmas and Hanukah duets …The book may be used as a phrasing workbook by flutists of any level of advancement
• Enriches the technical, musical, and creative development of beginning flutists.
• Warm-ups, skill practice, and supplemental activities based on learning theory research.
• Numerous duets to promote aural and rhythmic skills.
• A variety of activities that address different learning styles.
• An extensive collection of well-known songs and supplemental Christmas and Hanukah duets.
• A Teacher’s Guide with a wealth of information and innovative teaching ideas.
• A Phrasing Guide presents an organized curriculum to explore musical phrasing.
• Perfect for use in the private studio, university studio, and woodwind methods classes.
• An innovative approach to teaching beginners!
Flute 101: Mastering the Basics reinforces that:
• Beginners deserve an organized and creative curriculum.
• Beginners have a variety of learning styles that need to be addressed creatively.
• Beginners enjoy learning the fundamentals when they can experience the benefits.
• Beginners are action-oriented and like to play solos and duets.
• Beginners CAN play with a beautiful sound.
• Beginners CAN learn to use the air speed artistically.
• Beginners CAN play musically.