Music for Celebration
Selected, arranged, and edited by Soos Andras
Ad Libitum Family Edition: Chamber music series with optional combinations of instruments
The volumes of the Ad libitum series contain duos, trios and quartets of easy, medium and advanced levels of difficulty, which are playable with various combinations of instruments. Ad libitum Family Edition volumes are recommended mainly for families or groups of friends where at least two people play an instrument. Each of the pieces included can be performed using flexible instrumentation, whether there are two, three, four or even five persons who would like to play together. This volume contains fine and easy pieces for family celebrations, such as holidays, anniversary and birthday parties. It is our belief that joint music-making will add further to the beauty and intimacy of celebration.
Each of the 10 selections can be performed using flexible instrumentation, whether there are two, three, four or even five musicians who would like to play together. Instrumental parts may be played by a combination of violin, flute, recorder, oboe, bassoon, clarinet, soprano saxophone, euphonium, trumpet, guitar, percussion, bass, or cello. Piano accompaniment is included.
Part 1: Violin, recorder, flute, or oboe
or Bflat Clarinet, Soprano Saxophone, Bflat Trumpet
Part 2: Violin (ad lib), flauto dolce contralto (ad lib.), or B flat clarinet or trumpet (ad lib)
Guitar (ad lib.)
Percussion (ad lib.)
Bass – cello, bassoon, or euphonium
2. Bródy János: Happy birthday to you!
3. Hassler, Hans Leo: Come, let us sing (Neue teutsche Gesang, 1596)
4. Charpentier, Marc-Antoine: Te Deum (excerpt)
5. Händel, Georg Friedrich: Minuet (Water Music, Suite No. 1, HWV 348)
6. Beethoven, Ludvig van: Congralutations minuet (WoO 3)
7. Reinecke, Carl: For Mother's birthday (8 Kinderlieder, Op. 91, Nos. 2, 3)
8. Grieg, Edvard: Grandmother's minuet (Lyrische Stücke, Heft IX, Op. 68, No. 2)
9. Tchaikovsky, Pyotr Ilyich: Grandfather's dance (Op. 71)
10. Tchaikovsky, Pyotr Ilyich: Mother (Album pour enfants, Op. 39, No. 4)