Perfect Wrong Note – Learning to Trust Your Musical Self
Composed by William Westney
In this groundbreaking book, prize-winning pianist and noted educator William Westney helps readers discover their own path to the natural, transcendent fulfillment of making music. Drawing on experience, psychological insight and wisdom ancient and modern, he shows how to trust oneself and set one's own musicality free. He also offers healthy alternatives for lifelong learning, and suggests significant change in the way music is taught. Teachers, professionals and students will benefit from this unique guide, which brings artistic vitality, freedom and confidence with everyone's reach.
1. Music, Magic, and Childhood
3. Juicy Mistakes
4. Step by Step: A Guide to Healthy Practicing
6. Is It Good to Be a Good Student?
7. Out of Control: The Drama of Performing
8. Lessons and Un-Lessons
9. The Un-Master Class: Rethinking a Tradition
10. Adventurous Amateurs
11. Beyond the Music Room