Scenes from a Marriage by Moshe Zorman
Edited by Lior Eitan
For Piccolo and Bassoon
In score form only. Does not include separate parts.
I commissioned the piece Scenes from a Marriage from the composer Moshe Zorman in 1999 for myself and my wife, the bassoonist Zipi Schory-Eitan (1968-1999). Zipi passed away unexpectedly in December 1999, before we managed to perform the piece together. I performed the debut together with the bassoonist Uzi Shalev on January 11, 2001 at an event held at the Givatayim Music Conservatory, where Zipi had been Assistant Director, to commemorate the first anniversary of her death.
1. Picolino returns home, pours our his heart to his wife and describes his unbearable suffering.
2. Fagotiela hears him peacefully, but slowly her patience is wearing thin and she begins mourning her own miserable life.
3. trying to find consolation in each other…
4. excitement from past mutual adventures.
5. A trip abroad.
6-7. Lover's valse in the moonlight.
8. Whispers of love.
10. Relaxation …falling asleep.