The Flute Scale Book: A Path to Artistry
By Patricia George and Phyllis Avidan Louke
Published by Theodore Presser Co.
THE FLUTE SCALE BOOK: A PATH TO ARTISTRY, written by Patricia George and Phyllis Avidan Louke, includes the teacher’s and performer’s “dream list” of scale studies. Besides the scales, there is a chapter on “what to do with the notes” once you have learned them. Also included are Practice Guides with hundreds of rhythms and articulation patterns to practice any group of six or eight notes and Sample Practice Plans that provide an organized curriculum with weekly practice suggestions. THE FLUTE SCALE BOOK is designed for a lifetime of use with embouchure development and scale exercises perfect for younger players, and more advanced exercises including audition scales, phrasing studies, major and minor scales, thirds, arpeggios, seventh chords, modal scales, chromatic intervals, tonguing exercises and more, extended to D4 and beyond, to satisfy the needs of professional players.
• Major, Natural, Harmonic and Melodic Minor Scales
• Scale Studies (Neighboring Tone, Gruppetto, and Rips)
• Modal, Chromatic, Octatonic, Whole Tone, Blues and Pentatonic Scales
• Major and Minor Thirds and Sixths
• Major, Minor, Diminished and Augmented Arpeggios
• Chromatic Diminished Triads and Chromatic Diminished Seventh Chords
• Dominant Seventh and Major Seventh Chords
• Warm-ups and Embouchure Development Exercises
• Phrasing Guides and Practice Patterns for Groups of 6 or 8 notes
• Third and Fourth Octave Exercises and Fingering Charts