Hampton Court Palace ll
Composer: Keith Amos
Publisher: CMA Publications
Instrumentation: Flute Choir; Piccolo, 6 C flutes, Alto, Bass
1. The King's Guard Chamber
2. The Toyal Tennis Court
3. The Maze
4. The Great Kitchen
5. The Great Hall
The King's Guard Chamber houses 3000 pieces of armour and weapons, hung upon the walls. The pieces were arranged by John Harris, Master Gunner of Windsor Castle, who died in 1734.
Henry VIII erected The Royal Tennis Court in 1529. He was devoted to the game (Real Tennis) and to see him playing was to be 'the prettiest thing in the world'.
The famous Maze was planted in Queen Anne's time and is the only surviving feature of the early Wilderness.
The Great Kitchen housed a culinary empire, with large open hearths and separate rooms for every imaginable food. The Kitchen leads directly to The Great Hall, where the King dined in splendour upon a dais.